Legal and Compliance Resources
Looking for the Legal Briefs? Click here!
This section of OBA Online is intended to help bankers cope with the complex and burdensome regulatory requirements they face. You can find an abundance of useful information in the Legal Updates, which were written by the OBA general counsel and cover a broad range of topics. Or check out our links to compliance-related sites. Compliance or banking regulation questions? E-mail email@example.com. Please notify us of broken links.
• • •
Compliance News Links
Federal Regulatory Agencies
State Regulatory Agencies
Oklahoma law-related links
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Oklahoma County's Web Site
- Oklahoma County Clerk's Registrar of Deeds and Uniform Commercial Code Records Online
- Cleveland County Clerk
- Oklahoma Supreme Court Network – Oklahoma Court records for Cleveland, Canadian, Comanche, Ellis, Garfield, Logan, Oklahoma, Payne, Pushmataha, Roger Mills, Rogers, and Tulsa Counties as well as the appellate courts; note that the link to the Worker's Compensation Court does not provide court records but does provide access to forms and rules of the Court.
- Oklahoma District Court Records - Oklahoma District Court Records for 29 counties other than those covered by OSCN including links to two of the three Creek County District Courts and all three Kay County District Courts.
- Oklahoma State Treasurer - Oklahoma State Treasurer's home page with links to unclaimed property and Administrative Rules (Inside the Office).
- Oklahoma State Tax Commission - The home page has links to motor vehicle forms including lien entry as well as tax and business forms.
- Sooneraccess - Sooneraccess, found on Oklahoma Secretary of State's webpage, links you to information for Oklahoma corporations, LLCs, tradenames, registered agents, etc.
Templates, Forms and Charts
- American Bankers Association - The ABA homepage provides resources that may be accessed by both members and nonmembers on such topics as Compliance, Financial Fraud, Privacy, Trusts, and many other areas.
- USA.Gov – Official U.S. Government Web site; provides one-stop access to all federal government Web sites.
- Office of Comptroller of the Currency - link to laws and regulations.
- Bank Routing Numbers - This useful site allows you to search by routing number or name.
- Federal Reserve Board Institution Search - The Federal Reserve System's searchable database of financial institutions for both the US and foreign countries providing successors and closing dates. It also allows searches by routing number.
- FDIC - links to Law, Regulations and Related Acts.
- FDIC: Are My Accounts Insured? - This link takes you to Electronic Deposit Insurance Estimator, Financial Institution Employee's Guide to Deposit Insurance, and more!
- FRB - Home page for the Federal Reserve Board linking to Banking Information and Regulation, Reporting Forms and more.
- DOL - U S. Department of Labor's home page with links for Fair Pay and Overtime, wages, etc.
- IRS - Internal Revenue Service's home page with links for Forms and Publications.
- U.S. Courts - This homepage provides links to all U.S. Federal Courts.
- National Flood Insurance Program's Information for Lenders
- OCC Internet Banking Web site
- OFAC Information Update
- Oklahoma State Banking Department - Oklahoma State Banking Department Forms.
- The Oklahoma Department of Consumer Credit - OCDCC home page has links to the Oklahoma Consumer Credit Code, etc.
- 2011 Uniform Consumer Credit Code Dollar Amounts - Effective July 1, 2011 (Oklahoma)
- 2012 Uniform Consumer Credit Code Dollar Amounts - Effective July 1, 2012 (Oklahoma)
- 2013 Uniform Consumer Credit Code Dollar Amounts - Effective July 1, 2013 (Oklahoma)
- 2014 Uniform Consumer Credit Code Dollar Amounts - Effective July 1, 2014 for sections subject to changes under Sec. 1-106 and changes effective August 22, 2014 for Sec. 3-508A (please see the June and July 2014 Legal Briefs for details regarding changes under Sec. 3-508A) (Oklahoma)
- 2015 Uniform Consumer Credit Code Dollar Amounts - Effective July 1, 2015 (Oklahoma)
- 2016 Uniform Consumer Credit Code Dollar Amounts - Effective July 1, 2016 (Oklahoma)
- 2017 Uniform Consumer Credit Code Dollar Amounts - Effective July 1, 2017 (Oklahoma)
- UCCC Section 3-508A and 3-508B Tables - Effective July 1, 2014 for Sec.3-508B and effective for Sec. 3-508A through August 21, 2014 (Oklahoma)
- UCCC Sec.3-508A Table - Effective August 22, 2014 (Oklahoma)
- UCCC Section 3-508B Loan Calculator - Effective July 1, 2015 and unchanged July 1, 2016 (Oklahoma)
- UCCC Section 3-508A Table - Effective July 1, 2015 and unchanged July 1, 2016 (Oklahoma)
- HUD - U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development page for lenders.
Regulations and statutes - general
- Code of Federal Regulations (CFRs) – All of the regulations of all the federal agencies, in searchable form.
- Federal Register – Federal Register Browse Feature. It's free, and in searchable form. The federal agencies are required to publish proposed and final regulations in the Federal Register.
- FINDLaw – This site has a variety of law-related links. Definitely worth checking out.
- United States Code (USC) – All of the federal statutes, in searchable form.
- United States Code – Organized by title and searchable four different ways!
Regulations and statutes - specific subject
Looking for the Legal Briefs? Click here!